Book:L.J. Comrie/Barlow's Tables/Fourth Edition
L.J. Comrie: Barlow's Tables (Fourth Edition)
Published $1941$, E. & F. Spon Ltd.
- Mathematical tables
In this fourth edition, he extended it further, to numbers up to $12,500$.
- From the Preface to the Original Edition (Peter Barlow, July 1, 1814)
- From the Preface to the Edition of 1840 (Augustus De Morgan, December 23, 1839)
- Preface to the Third Edition (L.J. Comrie, January 1930)
- Preface to the Fourth Edition (L.J. Comrie, January 1941)
- "In this new edition the tables have been extended from $10,000$ to $12,500$, particularly in order to avoid discontinuities when working with numbers just below and just above unity. The work of preparation has been greatly facilitated by a 6-register National machine, which lends itself to any work of a tabular nature."