Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page lists articles associated with the same title. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Length may refer to:
- Length (Linear Measure): a formal comparison between the spatial extent of a geometric figure in a specified direction against a reference quantity (often tacitly understood).
- Length of Line: a formal measure of the spatial extent of a line segment.
- Length of (real) interval: the difference between the endpoints of a real interval.
- Length of a curve: the limit of the length of a polygonal line inscribed within the curve as the maximum length of the chords which form that polygonal line tends to zero.
- Length of a Sequence: the number of terms contained in a finite sequence.
- Complex Analysis:
- Length (Complex Plane): the length of a complex number represented as a vector
- Length of a Contour
- Set Theory:
- Length of a Chain.
- Length of a Series: the number of terms contained in a finite series.
- Length of an Ordinal Sequence.
- Graph Theory:
- Length of a Walk: the number of edges in a walk (counting repeated edges as many times as they appear).
- Length of a Branch: the number of ancestors of the leaf at the end of a branch of a rooted tree.
- Note that these two definitions are compatible with each other.
- Logic and Formal Systems:
- Length of a String: the number of symbols in a string.
- Length of a Tableau Proof: the number of lines in a tableau proof.
- Group Theory:
- Length of an Orbit: The number of elements contained in the orbit of an element under a group action.
- Length of a Normal Series: The number of factors in a normal series.
- Length of a Group $G$: the length of a composition series for $G$.
- Length of a Cyclic Permutation
- Abstract Algebra: