Jump to navigation Jump to search
Examples of Equivocation
- Some cars rattle.
- My car is some car.
- Therefore, my car rattles.
The classic often-cited argument is:
- Candlelight is brighter than nothing.
- Nothing is brighter than the light from the sun.
- Therefore, candlelight is brighter than the light from the sun.
- Any soap is better than no soap.
- No soap is better than Wonder-Bubble.
- Therefore, any soap is better than Wonder-Bubble.
- Time waits for no man.
- No man is an island.
- Therefore, time waits for an island.