Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Born: 1089, Dhandhuka, Gujarat (about 100 km south west of Ahmadabad)
- Died: 1185
Theorems and Definitions
- Tri-shashthi-shalaka-purusha-charitra (Lives of Sixty-Three Great Men)
- Kavyanushasana: poetics or hand book of poetry/manual of poetry.
- Desinamamala: a list of words of local origin
- Siddha-haima-shabdanushasana: Prakrit and Apabhramsha grammars
Also known as
Full name: Hemachandra Acharya Sūrī.
In Sanskrit: हेमचन्द्र सूरी.
His birth name was Candradeva.
He took the name Hemachandra later in life: it is variously rendered. Hemchandra and Hemacandra are sometimes seen.