Mathematician:Alexander Wilhelm von Brill
Jump to navigation Jump to search
German mathematician best known for his involvement with Felix Klein in the reform of the teaching of mathematics.
Made significant contributions to the field of algebraic geometry.
Nephew of Ludwig Christian Wiener.
- Born: 20 Sept 1842, Darmstadt, Hesse (now Germany)
- Died: 8 June 1935, Tübingen, Germany
Theorems and Definitions
- Brill-Noether Theory (with Max Noether)
- Riemann-Brill-Noether Theorem (with Bernhard Riemann and Max Noether)
Results named for Alexander Wilhelm von Brill can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Alexander Wilhelm von Brill can be found here.
- 1874: Über die algebraischen Functionen und ihre Anwendung in der Geometrie (with Max Noether)