Mathematician:Alfred Cardew Dixon
English mathematician well known for his work in differential equations.
Did early work on Fredholm integrals independently of Fredholm.
Worked both on ordinary differential equations and on partial differential equations studying Abelian integrals, automorphic functions, and functional equations.
- Born: 22 May 1865 in Northallerton, Yorkshire, England
- Died: 4 May 1936 in Northwood, Middlesex, England
Theorems and Definitions
Results named for Alfred Cardew Dixon can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Alfred Cardew Dixon can be found here.
- 1891: On the Sum of the Cubes of the Coefficients in a certain Expansion by the Binomial Theorem (Messenger Math. Vol. 20: pp. 79 – 80)
- 1894: The Elementary Properties of the Elliptic Functions
- 1903: Summation of a certain Series (Proc. London Math. Soc. Vol. 35: pp. 285 – 289)
Also known as
His full name and title were Sir Alfred Cardew Dixon, 1st Baronet Warford