Mathematician:Bryan John Birch
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English mathematician best known for his part in the Birch and Swinnerton-Dyer Conjecture.
- Born: 25 September 1931 in Burton-upon-Trent, England, United Kingdom
Theorems and Definitions
- Birch and Swinnerton-Dyer Conjecture (with Henry Peter Francis Swinnerton-Dyer)
- Birch-Tate Conjecture (with John Torrence Tate)
Results named for Bryan John Birch can be found here.
- 1965: Notes on Elliptic Curves (II) (J. reine angew. Math. Vol. 218: pp. 79 – 108) (with H.P.F. Swinnerton-Dyer)
- 1973: Computers in Number Theory (as editor)