Mathematician:Charalambos Dionisios Aliprantis
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Greek-American economist and mathematician who introduced Banach space and Riesz space methods in economic theory.
- Born: 12 May 1946 in Cefalonia, Greece
- Died: 27 February 2009 in Indianapolis, Indiana, US
Theorems and Definitions
- 1981: Principles of Real Analysis (with Owen Burkinshaw)
- 1985: Positive Operators (with Owen Burkinshaw)
- 1990: Existence and Optimality of Competitive Equilibria (with Donald J. Brown and Owen Burkinshaw)
- 1998: Principles of Real Analysis, 3rd ed. (with Owen Burkinshaw)
- 2002: An Invitation to Operator Theory (with Yuri A. Abramovich)
- 2003: Locally Solid Riesz Spaces with Applications to Economics (2nd ed.) (with Owen Burkinshaw)
- 2006: Infinite Dimensional Analysis: A Hitchhiker's Guide (3rd ed.) (with Kim C. Border)
- 2007: Cones and Duality (with Rabee Tourky)
Also known as
In Greek: Χαράλαμπος Διονύσιος Αλιπράντης.
Known informally as Roko Aliprantis.