Mathematician:Charles Julien Brianchon
Jump to navigation Jump to search
French mathematician and chemist who took up a career in Napoleon's artillery.
- Born: 19 December 1783 in Sèvres, France
- Died: 29 April 1864 in Versailles, France
Theorems and Definitions
Results named for Charles Julien Brianchon can be found here.
- 1817: Mémoire sur les Lignes du Second Ordre
- 1820: Recherches sur la Détermination d'une Hyperbole Equilatère, au Moyen de Quatres Conditions Donnée (with Jean-Victor Poncelet)
- John J. O'Connor and Edmund F. Robertson: "Charles Julien Brianchon": MacTutor History of Mathematics archive
- 1986: David Wells: Curious and Interesting Numbers ... (previous) ... (next): A List of Mathematicians in Chronological Sequence
- 1997: David Wells: Curious and Interesting Numbers (2nd ed.) ... (previous) ... (next): A List of Mathematicians in Chronological Sequence
- 2008: David Nelson: The Penguin Dictionary of Mathematics (4th ed.) ... (previous) ... (next): Entry: Brianchon, Charles Julien (1783-1864)