Mathematician:Douglas Rayner Hartree
(Redirected from Mathematician:D.R. Hartree)
English mathematician and physicist most famous for the development of numerical analysis and its application to the Hartree-Fock equations of atomic physics.
Constructed a differential analyser using Meccano.
- Born: 27 March 1897 in Cambridge, England
- Died: 12 February 1958 in Cambridge, England
Theorems and Definitions
- 1949: Calculating Instruments and Machines
- 1952: Numerical Analysis
- 1957: The calculation of Atomic Structures
- 1958: Numerical Analysis, 2nd ed.