Mathematician:Edmund Taylor Whittaker
(Redirected from Mathematician:E.T. Whittaker)
English mathematician who contributed widely to applied mathematics, mathematical physics and the theory of special functions.
Principally interested in numerical analysis.
Worked on celestial mechanics and the history of physics.
- Born: 24 October 1873 in Southport, Lancashire, England
- Died: 24 March 1956 in Edinburgh, Scotland
Theorems and Definitions
- 1902: A Course of Modern Analysis
- 1910: A History of the Theories of Aether and Electricity, from the Age of Descartes to the Close of the Nineteenth Century
- 1915: A Course of Modern Analysis, 2nd ed. (with G.N. Watson)
- 1920: A Course of Modern Analysis, 3rd ed. (with G.N. Watson)
- 1924: The Calculus of Observations: a treatise on numerical mathematics
- 1927: A Course of Modern Analysis, 4th ed. (with G.N. Watson)