Most famous for posing what are now called:
- Born: c. 1736
- Died: 15 August 1798
- Waring's Problem
- Waring's Prime Number Conjecture
- Numerator of p-1th Harmonic Number is Divisible by Prime p
Results named for Edward Waring can be found here.
- 1762: Miscellanea Analytica
- 1770: Meditationes Algebraicae (a second edition of Miscellanea Analytica)
- 1772: Proprietates Algebraicarum Curvarum
- 1794: An Essay on the Principles of Human Knowledge
- Waring was one of the profoundest mathematicians of the eighteenth century; but the inelegance and obscurity of his writings prevented him from obtaining that reputation to which he was entitled.
- -- Thomas Thomson