Jump to navigation Jump to search
American mathematician known for his work in abstract harmonic analysis.
- Born: January 20, 1920, Everett, Washington
- Died: June 21, 1999
Theorems and Definitions
Results named for Edwin Hewitt can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Edwin Hewitt can be found here.
- 1948: Rings of Real-Valued Continuous Functions. I (Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. Vol. 64: pp. 45 – 99) www.jstor.org/stable/1990558
- 1960: The role of compactness in analysis (Amer. Math. Monthly Vol. 67: pp. 499 – 516) www.jstor.org/stable/2309166
- 1963: Abstract harmonic analysis. Vol. I: Structure of topological groups. Integration theory, group representations (with Kenneth A. Ross)
- 1965: Real and abstract analysis. A modern treatment of the theory of functions of a real variable (with Karl Stromberg)
- 1970: Abstract harmonic analysis. Vol. II: Structure and analysis for compact groups. Analysis on locally compact Abelian groups (with Kenneth A. Ross)