Mathematician:Emma Markovna Lehmer
Russian-born mathematician active mainly in the field of number theory.
The wife of Derrick Henry ("Dick") Lehmer, with whom she was a frequent collaborator.
Also an accomplished pianist.
Russian-born, later American
- Born: November 6, 1906, Samara, Russian Empire (between 1935 and 1991 known as Kuybyshev)
- Died: May 7, 2007, Berkeley, California, USA
Theorems and Definitions
- There isn't, but there really ought to be, an Emma Lehmer Lemma.
- 1930: A Numerical Function Applied to Cyclotomy (PhD thesis)
- 1935: On a resultant connected with Fermat's Last Theorem
- 1939: Topological Groups (by Pontryagin: translation from Russian into English)
- 1941: On the first case of Fermat's Last Theorem (with Dick Lehmer)
- 1971: On the Quadratic Character of Some Quadratic Surds
- 1978: Rational reciprocity laws
Also known as
Her name at birth was Emma Markovna Trotskaia.