Mathematician:Ernst Eduard Kummer
Jump to navigation Jump to search
German mathematician mostly active in the field of applied mathematics.
Related by marriage to Dirichlet.
- Born: 29 Jan 1810, Sorau, Brandenburg, Prussia (now Germany)
- Died: 14 May 1893, Berlin, Germany
Theorems and Definitions
- Kummer Series
- Kummer Theory
- Kummer Surface
- Kummer's Function
- Kummer Ring
- Kummer Sum
- Kummer's Theorem
- Kummer's Confluent Hypergeometric Function
- Kummer's Equation
- Kummer Extension
Results named for Ernst Eduard Kummer can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Ernst Eduard Kummer can be found here.
- 1852: Über die Ergänzungssätze zu den allgemeinen Reciprocitätsgesetzen (J. reine angew. Math. Vol. 44: 93 – 146) (in which Kummer's Theorem is presented)
- John J. O'Connor and Edmund F. Robertson: "Ernst Eduard Kummer": MacTutor History of Mathematics archive