Mathematician:Erwin Rudolf Josef Alexander Schrödinger
Austrian physicist who developed a number of fundamental results in the field of quantum theory, which formed the basis of wave mechanics.
- Born: 12 August 1887 in Erdberg, Vienna, Austria
- Died: 4 January 1961 in Vienna, Austria
Theorems and Definitions
Results named for Erwin Rudolf Josef Alexander Schrödinger can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Erwin Rudolf Josef Alexander Schrödinger can be found here.
- 1910: On the conduction of electricity on the surface of insulators in moist air
- 1920: Theorie der Pigmente von größter Leuchtkraft (Theory of Pigments with Highest Luminosity)
- 1920: Grundlinien einer Theorie der Farbenmetrik im Tagessehen (Outline of a theory of colour measurement for daylight vision)
- 1920: Farbenmetrik (Colour measurement)
- 1935: The present situation in quantum mechanics (in which Schrödinger's Cat makes its appearance)
- 1935: Science and the human temperament
- 1946: What Is Life
- 1950: Space-Time Structure
- 1954: Nature and the Greeks
- 1956: Expanding Universes
- 1961: Meine Weltansicht
Also known as
Some sources omit the Josef.
- John J. O'Connor and Edmund F. Robertson: "Erwin Rudolf Josef Alexander Schrödinger": MacTutor History of Mathematics archive
- 2014: Christopher Clapham and James Nicholson: The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Mathematics (5th ed.) ... (previous) ... (next): Entry: Schrödinger, Erwin Rudolf Alexander (1887-1961)