Mathematician:Georg Joachim Rhaeticus
Austrian mathematician who was the sole pupil of Nicolaus Copernicus.
Calculated a table of sines accurate to $15$ decimals.
- Born: 16 February 1514 in Feldkirch, Austria
- Died: 4 December 1574 in Kassa, Hungary (now Kosice)
Books and Papers
- September 1539: First report to Johann Schöner on the Books of the Revolutions of the learned gentleman and distinguished mathematician, the Reverend Doctor Nicolaus Copernicus of Torun, Canon of Warmia, by a certain youth devoted to mathematics
- August 1541: Tabula chorographica auff Preussen und etliche umbliegende lender (Map of Prussia and Neighboring Lands)
- 1596: Opus Palatinum de triangulis
Also known as
Full name: Georg Joachim von Lauchen Rhaeticus (often rendered Rheticus).
- John J. O'Connor and Edmund F. Robertson: "Georg Joachim Rhaeticus": MacTutor History of Mathematics archive