Mathematician:Georg von Peuerbach
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Austrian astronomer, mathematician and instrument maker, best known for his streamlined presentation of Ptolemaic Astronomy in the Theoricae Novae Planetarum.
- Born: 30 May 1423 in Peuerbach, Austria
- Died: 8 April 1461 in Vienna, Austria
- 1454: Theoricae Novae Planetarum ("New Theory of the Planets")
- 1459: Tabulae Eclipsium
- 1462: Epitome in Ptolemaei Almagestum (with Regiomontanus: a $13$-volume translation and interpretation of Ptolemy's Almagest)
- Tractatus super propositiones Ptolemaei de sinubus et chordis (published posthumously)
Also known as
Also known as Purbach, Peurbach and Purbachius.
- John J. O'Connor and Edmund F. Robertson: "Georg von Peuerbach": MacTutor History of Mathematics archive