Mathematician:George Brown Arfken
Jump to navigation Jump to search
American theoretical physicist and author of several mathematical physics texts.
- Born: November 20, 1922, Jersey City, New Jersey
- 1949: S-Wave Proton-Proton Scattering from 0.2 to 40 Mev for the Yukawa and Gauss Error Potentials
- 1953: A Vector Addition Coefficient Identity
- 1961: Ionization of the interplanetary gas
- 1966: Mathematical Methods for Physicists
- 1970: Mathematical Methods for Physicists, 2nd ed.
- 1973: Comment on “Elementary Use of Spheroidal Coordinates”
- 1989: University Physics (with David F. Griffing and Donald C. Kelly)
- 1989: Canada's Small Queen Era
- 2003: Essential Mathematical Methods for Physicists (with Hans J. Weber and Frank E. Harris)