Mathematician:George Eyre Andrews
Jump to navigation Jump to search
American mathematician best known for his work in number theory.
Famous for discovering Srinivasa Aiyangar Ramanujan's Lost Notebook in 1976.
- Born: 4 Dec 1938, Salem, Oregon, USA
Theorems and Definitions
- 1961: An asymptotic expression for the number of solutions of a general class of Diophantine equations
- 1963: A lower bound for the volume of strictly convex bodies with many boundary lattice points
- 1963: On estimates in number theory
- 1965: A simple proof of Jacobi's triple product identity
- 1971: Number Theory
- 1976: The Theory of Partitions
- 1986: q-series: their development and application in analysis, number theory, combinatorics, physics, and computer algebra
- 1999: Special functions (with Richard Askey and Ranjan Roy)
- 2005: Ramanujan's Lost Notebook: Part I (with Bruce C. Berndt)
- 2008: Ramanujan's Lost Notebook: Part II, (with Bruce C. Berndt)