Jump to navigation Jump to search
German mathematician known for his work in arithmetic algebraic geometry.
- Born: 28 July 1954 in Gelsenkirchen-Buer, West Germany
Theorems and Definitions
- Faltings Height
- Faltings' Product Theorem
- Faltings' Theorem (previously known as Mordell's Conjecture)
Results named for Gerd Faltings can be found here.
- 1983: Endlichkeitssätze für abelsche Varietäten über Zahlkörpern (Inventiones Mathematicae Vol. 73, no. 3: pp. 349 – 366)
- 1991: Diophantine approximation on abelian varieties (Annals of Mathematics: Second Series Vol. 133, no. 3: pp. 549 – 576)