Mathematician:Giovanni Girolamo Saccheri
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Italian Jesuit priest, scholastic philosopher, and mathematician.
- Born: 5 September 1667 in San Remo, Genoa (now Italy)
- Died: 25 October 1733 in Milan (now Italy)
Theorems and Definitions
- Khayyam-Saccheri Quadrilateral (with Omar Khayyam)
- Saccheri-Legendre Theorem (with Adrien-Marie Legendre)
Results named for Giovanni Girolamo Saccheri can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Giovanni Girolamo Saccheri can be found here.
- 1693: Quaesita Geometrica
- 1697: Logica Demonstrativa
- 1708: Neo-Statica
- 1733: Euclides ab Omni Naevo Vindicatus ("Euclid Cleared from Every Stain")
- John J. O'Connor and Edmund F. Robertson: "Giovanni Girolamo Saccheri": MacTutor History of Mathematics archive