Mathematician:Grace Emily Chisholm Young
(Redirected from Mathematician:Grace Chisholm Young)Jump to navigation Jump to search
English mathematician who became the first woman to receive a doctorate in Germany, in any field.
- Born: 15 March 1868 in Haslemere, Surrey, UK
- Died: 29 March 1944 in Croydon, Surrey, England
Theorems and Definitions
- Denjoy-Young-Saks Theorem (with Arnaud Denjoy and Stanisław Saks)
- 1895: The algebraic groups of spherical trigonometry
- 1905: The First Book of Geometry (with William Henry Young)
- 1906: Bimbo: A Little Real Story for Jill and Molly
- 1906: The Theory of Sets of Points (with William Henry Young)
- 1907: Bimbo and the Frogs: Another Real Story
Also known as
Her name at birth was Grace Emily Chisholm: Young was her married name.