Mathematician:Grigori Yakovlevich Perelman
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Born: 13 June 1966 in Leningrad, USSR (now St. Petersburg, Russia)
Theorems and Definitions
- 1990: Седловые поверхности в евклидовых пространствах:Автореф. дис. на соиск. учен. степ. канд. физ.-мат. наук. Ленинградский Государственный Университет. (Ph.D. dissertation)
- 1992: Aleksandrov spaces with curvatures bounded below (with Yu. Burago and M. Gromov)
- 1993: Construction of manifolds of positive Ricci curvature with big volume and large Betti numbers
- 1994: Proof of the soul conjecture of Cheeger and Gromoll
- 1994: Elements of Morse theory on Aleksandrov spaces
- 1994: Extremal subsets in Alexandrov spaces and the generalized Liberman theorem (with A.M. Petrunin)
- 11 November 2002: The entropy formula for the Ricci flow and its geometric applications
- 10 March 2003: Ricci flow with surgery on three-manifolds
- 17 July 2003: Finite extinction time for the solutions to the Ricci flow on certain three-manifolds
Also known as
In Russian: Григорий Яковлевич Перельман.
Usually known by his diminutive Grisha.