Jump to navigation Jump to search
English mathematician who worked mainly in number theory.
- Born: 30 Oct 1907, Huncoat, Lancashire, England
- Died: 9 June 1969, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
Theorems and Definitions
Results named for Harold Davenport can be found here.
- 1952: The Higher Arithmetic
- 1962: Analytic methods for Diophantine equations and Diophantine inequalities
- 1967: Multiplicative number theory
- 1969: The equations $3x^2 − 2 = y^2$ and $8 x^2 − 7 = z^2$ (Quart. J. Math. Vol. 20: 129 – 137) (with A. Baker)