Mathematician:Hendrik Anthony Kramers
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Dutch physicist who worked with Niels Bohr to understand how electromagnetic waves interact with matter.
- Born: 2 February 1894 in Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Died: 24 April 1952 in Oegstgeest, The Netherlands
Theorems and Definitions
- Kramers-Heisenberg Dispersion Formula (with Werner Karl Heisenberg)
- Wentzel-Kramers-Brillouin Approximation (with Gregor Wentzel and Léon Nicolas Brillouin), also known as the WKB Method, or the Liouville-Green Method or LG Method (after Joseph Liouville and George Green)
- Bohr-Kramers-Slater Theory (with Niels Bohr and John Clarke Slater)
- 1919: Intensities of spectral lines: On the application of the quantum theory to the problem of the relative intensities of the components of the fine structure and of the Stark effect of the lines of the hydrogen spectrum
- 1933: Die Grundlagen der Quantentheorie
- 1934: Physics and physicists
Also known as
Informally known as Hans.