Mathematician:Herbert Saul Wilf
(Redirected from Mathematician:Herbert S. Wilf)Jump to navigation Jump to search
American mathematician who specializes in combinatorics and graph theory.
He has made available certain of his works for free download.
- Born: 13 June 1931 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Died: 7 January 2012 in Wynnewood, Pennsylvania
Theorems and Definitions
- Calkin-Wilf Tree (with Neil James Calkin)
- Szekeres-Wilf Number (with George Szekeres)
Definitions of concepts named for Herbert Saul Wilf can be found here.
- 1962: Mathematics for the Physical Sciences
- 1968: An Inequality for the Chromatic Number of a Graph (with George Szekeres)
- 1986: Algorithms and Complexity
- 1990: generatingfunctionology
- 1996: A=B (with Doron Zeilberger and Marko Petkovšek)
- 1998: The Number of Independent Sets in a Grid Graph (SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics Vol. 11, no. 1: pp. 54 – 60) (with Neil J. Calkin)
- 2000: Recounting the Rationals (Amer. Math. Monthly Vol. 107, no. 4: pp. 360 – 363) (with Neil J. Calkin)