Mathematician:Herbert Westren Turnbull
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English mathematician best known now for his writings on the history of mathematics.
Did considerably work on the theory of invariants.
- Born: 31 August 1885, Tettenhall, Wolverhampton, England
- Died: 4 May 1961, Grasmere, Westmoreland, England
- 1928: The Theory of Determinants, Matrices, and Invariants
- 1929: The Great Mathematicians
- 1939: Theory of Equations
- 1945: The Mathematical Discoveries of Newton
- 1945: An Introduction to the Theory of Canonical Matrices (with Alexander Craig Aitken)
- 1959 -- 1961: The Correspondence of Isaac Newton (as editor)