Scottish philosopher, mathematician and political activist.
Aeronautics researcher at the National Physical Laboratory.
Published papers and books on mathematical applications pertaining to aeronautics.
Wrote about differential equations and probability.
Scottish, of Russian ancestry
- Born: 28 February 1889 in Edinburgh, Scotland
- Died: 27 February 1975 in Wimbledon, London, England
Theorems and Inventions
- 1935: Modern Engineering Theory & Practice (with Bailey Levy)
- 1939: Modern Science -- A Study of Physical Science in the World Today
- 1940: Science: Curse Or Blessing?
- 1942: Elementary Mathematics
- 1943: Soviet Jews at war
- 1945: Social Thinking
- 1945: Elementary Statistics
- 1948: Introduction to Mathematics In Theory and Practice by W.W. Sawyer
- 1952: Literature for an age of science
- 1958: Jews and the National Question
- 1959: Elementary Statistics
- 1959: Finite Difference Equations (with F. Lessman)