Mathematician:Ivan Morton Niven
Canadian-American mathematician, most noted for solving most of Waring's Problem.
Asteroid 12513 Niven, discovered in 1998, was named after him.
- Born: October 25, 1915
- Died: May 9, 1999 in Eugene, Oregon, USA
Theorems and Inventions
Results named for Ivan Morton Niven can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Ivan Morton Niven can be found here.
Books and Papers
- 1944: An unsolved case of the Waring problem
- 1947: A simple proof that π is irrational
- 1959: Mathematics: A house built on sand?
- 1969: Averages of Exponents in Factoring Integers (Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. Vol. 22, no. 2: 356 – 360) www.jstor.org/stable/2037055