Mathematician:John Barkley Rosser Sr.
(Redirected from Mathematician:J.B. Rosser)Jump to navigation Jump to search
American logician best known for his work in mathematical logic.
- Born: 6 December 1907 in Jacksonville, Florida
- Died: 5 September 1989 in Madison, Wisconsin
Theorems and Definitions
- Church-Rosser Theorem (with Alonzo Church)
- Rosser Sieve
- Kleene-Rosser Paradox (with Stephen Cole Kleene)
Results named for John Barkley Rosser Sr. can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for John Barkley Rosser Sr. can be found here.
- 1934: A mathematical logic without variables
- 1936: Some properties of conversion (Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. Vol. 39, no. 3: 472 – 482) (with Alonzo Church) (in which Church-Rosser Theorem is presented) www.jstor.org/stable/1989762
- 1969: Simplified Independence Proofs: Boolean Valued Models of Set Theory
- 1978: Logic for Mathematicians
- 1984: Highlight of the History of Lambda Calculus