Mathematician:John Cedric Shepherdson
(Redirected from Mathematician:J.C. Shepherdson)Jump to navigation Jump to search
English mathematician who worked in ring theory and mathematical logic.
Co-designer (with Howard E. Sturgis) of the Unlimited Register Machine, a refinement of the Turing machine.
- Born: 7 June 1926 in Huddersfield, Yorkshire, England
- Died: 8 January 2015 in Bristol, England
Theorems and Definitions
- 1947: On the Addition of Elements of a Sequence
- 1951: Inverses and Zero Divisors in Matrix Rings
- 1951: Well-ordered Sub-series of General Series
- 1963: Computability of Recursive Functions (J. ACM Vol. 10, no. 2: pp. 217 – 255) (with H.E. Sturgis)