Mathematician:Joseph John Thomson
(Redirected from Mathematician:J.J. Thomson)Jump to navigation Jump to search
British physicist credited with the discovery of the electron.
Father of George Paget Thomson.
- Born: 18 December 1856 in Cheetham Hill, Manchester, England
- Died: 30 August 1940 in Cambridge, England
Theorems and Definitions
- 1883: A Treatise on the Motion of Vortex Rings
- 1888: Applications of Dynamics to Physics and Chemistry
- 1893: Notes on recent researches in electricity and magnetism
- 1897: Cathode Rays (Phil. Mag. Ser. 5 Vol. 44: pp. 293 – 316)