Mathematician:John Maynard Smith
(Redirected from Mathematician:J. Maynard Smith)
English theoretical evolutionary biologist and geneticist.
Originally an aeronautical engineer during the Second World War.
Instrumental in the application of game theory to evolution.
- Born: 6 January 1920 in London, England
- Died: 19 April 2004 in Lewes, East Sussex, England
- 1958: The Theory of Evolution
- 1968: Mathematical Ideas in Biology
- 1972: On Evolution
- 1973: The Logic of Animal Conflict (with George Robert Price)
- 1974: Models in Ecology
- 1978: The Evolution of Sex
- 1981: Evolution Now (as editor)
- 1982: Evolution and the Theory of Games
- 1986: The Problems of Biology
- 1988: Did Darwin Get it Right?: Essays on Games, Sex and Evolution
- 1989: Evolutionary Genetics
- 1997: The Major Transitions in Evolution (with Eörs Szathmáry)
- 1999: The Origins of Life: From the Birth of Life to the Origin of Language (with Eörs Szathmáry)
- 2003: Animal Signals (with David George Charles Harper)