Mathematician:Johann Benedict Listing
Jump to navigation Jump to search
German mathematician and physicist who coined the term topology in a letter of $1836$.
- Born: July 25, 1808, Frankfurt, Germany
- Died: December 24, 1882, Göttingen, Germany
Theorems and Definitions
Definitions of concepts named for Johann Benedict Listing can be found here.
- 1834: De Superficiebus Secundi Ordinis
- 1845: Beiträge zur Physiologischen Optik
- 1847: Vorstudien zur Topologie
- 1862: Der Census raumlicher Complexe oder Verallgemeinerung des Euler'schen Satzes von den Polyedern