Mathematician:Julia Hall Bowman Robinson
(Redirected from Mathematician:Julia Robinson)Jump to navigation Jump to search
American mathematician best known for her work on decision problems and Hilbert's Tenth Problem.
Wife of Raphael Mitchel Robinson.
- Born: 8 December 1919 in St Louis, Missouri, USA
- Died: 30 July 1985 in USA
Theorems and Definitions
- 1948: A Note on Exact Sequential Analysis
- 1951: An iterative method of solving a game
- 1975: Reduction of an arbitrary Diophantine equation to one in 13 unknowns (Acta Arithmetica Vol. XXVII: pp. 521 – 549) (with Yuri Vladimirovich Matiyasevich)
Also known as
Born Julia Hall Bowman.