Mathematician:Julius Peter Christian Petersen
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Danish mathematician who worked on many areas of mathematics and wrote several textbooks.
Perhaps best known for the Petersen graph.
- Born: 16 June 1839, Sorø on Zealand
- Died: 19 April 1914
Theorems and Definitions
- Petersen Graph
- Petersen's Theorem: any bridgeless cubic graph has a 1-factor.
- Petersen-Morley Theorem (with Frank Morley)
Results named for Julius Peter Christian Petersen can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Julius Peter Christian Petersen can be found here.
- 1863: Plane and spherical trigonometry
- 1866: Methods and theories for the solution of problems of geometrical construction
- 1871: On equations which can be solved by square roots, with application to the solution of problems by ruler and compass
- 1877: The theory of algebraic equations
- 1891: Die Theorie der regulären graphs