Mathematician:Kurt Otto Friedrichs
Jump to navigation Jump to search
German applied mathematician whose major contribution was his work on partial differential equations.
- Born: 28 September 1901 in Kiel, Germany
- Died: 31 December 1982 in New Rochelle, New York, USA
Theorems and Definitions
Results named for Kurt Otto Friedrichs can be found here.
- 1928: Über die partiellen Differenzengleichungen der mathematischen Physik (Math. Ann. Vol. 100, no. 1: pp. 32 – 74) (with Richard Courant and Hans Lewy)
- 1948: The dock problem (with Hans Lewy)
- 1953: Mathematical aspects of the quantum theory of fields
- 1955: Asymptotic phenomena in mathematical physics (Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. Vol. 61, no. 6: pp. 485 – 504)
- 1965: Perturbation of Spectra in Hilbert Space
- 1971: Fluid Dynamics (with Richard Edler von Mises)
- 1981: Spectral Theory of Operators in Hilbert Space