Mathematician:Leonard Henry Caleb Tippett
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English statistician who pioneered extreme value theory.
Died tragically young, killed in a traffic accident at the age of $83$.
- Born: 8 May 1902, in London, England
- Died: 9 November 1985 St Austell, England
Theorems and Definitions
- 1927: Random Sampling Numbers
- 1931: Methods of Statistics (further editions 1948, 1952)
- 1960: Statistical Methods for Textile Technologists (with T. Murphy and K. P. Norris) (further editions 1963, 1973, 1979)
- 1969: A Portrait of the Lancashire Textile Industry
Also known as
Professionally known as L.H.C. Tippett or, occasionally, L.C. Tippett,