Mathematician:Lev Semenovich Pontryagin
Russian mathematician who made major discoveries, mainly in the field of geometric topology.
- Born: 3 Sept 1908, Moscow, Russia
- Died: 3 May 1988
Theorems and Definitions
- Andronov-Pontryagin Criterion (with Aleksandr Aleksandrovich Andronov)
- Pontryagin's Maximum Principle
- Pontryagin Class
- Pontryagin Duality
- Pontryagin Space
- Pontryagin Square
- Pontryagin-Kuratowski Theorem, independently of Kazimierz Kuratowski (also known as Kuratowski's Theorem)
Results named for Lev Semenovich Pontryagin can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Lev Semenovich Pontryagin can be found here.
- 1938: Topological Groups
- 1961: The Mathematical Theory of Optimal Processes
- 1998: Memoirs
Also known as
In Russian: Лев Семёнович Понтрягин