Mathematician:Lillian Rosanoff Lieber
American mathematician about whom (despite her time at Long Island University) few details survive.
Most famous for her work directed at T.C. Mits (The Celebrated Man In The Street). Her husband Hugh Gray Lieber often did the illustrations.
Some editions of her work are credited to Lilian R. Lieber, but most resources have her as Lillian.
- Born: 1886
- Died: 1986
- 1931: Non-euclidean Geometry
- 1932: Galois and the Theory of Groups
- 1936: The Einstein Theory of Relativity
- 1940: Non-Euclidean Geometry: Three Moons in Mathesis
- 1942: The Education of T. C. MITS
- 1944: The Education of T. C. MITS (revised & enlarged edition)
- 1945: The Einstein Theory of Relativity (Part I of this edition is the same material published in 1936. Part II was new in this edition)
- 1946: Modern Mathematics for T. C. Mits
- 1946: Take a Number: Mathematics for the Two Billion
- 1947: Mits, Wits and Logic
- 1949: The Einstein Theory of Relativity
- 1953: Infinity
- 1954: Mits, Wits, and Logic (Revised Edition)
- 1959: Lattice Theory; the Atomic Age in Mathematics
- 1960: Mits, Wits, and Logic (3rd Edition)
- 1961: Human Values and Science, Art and Mathematics (1st Edition)
- 1963: Mathematics: First S-t-e-p-s