Mathematician:Lorraine Lois Foster
Jump to navigation Jump to search
American mathematician working in number theory and the theory of mathematical symmetry.
First woman to receive a Ph.D. in mathematics from California Institute of Technology.
- Born: 25 December 1938, Culver City, California
- 1960: Received B.A. from Occidental College
- 1964: Received Ph.D. in mathematics from California Institute of Technology
- Sep. 1982: E2872 (Amer. Math. Monthly Vol. 89, no. 7: pp. 499 – 500) (with Gabriel Robins) www.jstor.org/stable/2321396
- May 1991: Solution to E3361 (Amer. Math. Monthly Vol. 98, no. 5: p. 443) www.jstor.org/stable/2323869
Also known as
Born Lorraine Lois Turnbull.