Mathematician:Louis Joel Mordell
Jump to navigation Jump to search
American-born British mathematician known for his pioneering research in number theory.
British, American-born of Jewish Lithuaniuan ancestry
- Born: 28 January 1888, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
- Died: 12 March 1972, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
Theorems and Definitions
- Mordell's Equation
- Mordell's Theorem
- Mordell's Conjecture, now known as Faltings' Theorem
- Mordell-Weil Theorem (with André Abraham Weil)
- Chowla-Mordell Theorem (independently of Sarvadaman Chowla)
Results named for Louis Joel Mordell can be found here.
- 1958: On the Evaluation of Some Multiple Series (J. London Math. Soc. Vol. 33: pp. 368 – 371)