Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page collects mentions of minor (mainly contemporary) mathematicians whose biographical details are unavailable.
- The army of those who have made at least one definite contribution to mathematics as we know it soon becomes a mob as we look back over history; 6,000 or 8,000 names press forward for some word from us to preserve them from oblivion, and once the bolder leaders have been recognised it becomes largely a matter of arbitrary, illogical legislation to judge who of the clamouring multitude shall be permitted to survive and who be condemned to be forgotten.
- 1991: Closed Form Summation for Classical Distributions: Variations on a Theme of De Moivre (Stat. Sci. Vol. 6: pp. 284 – 302) (with Persi Diaconis) www.jstor.org/stable/2245429
Aurel J. Zajta
- Oct. 1983: Solutions of the Diophantine Equation $A^4 + B^4 = C^4 + D^4$ (Math. Comp. Vol. 41, no. 164: pp. 635 – 659) www.jstor.org/stable/2007700
Charles Robert Zarnke
- 1965: Solution of the Cattle Problem of Archimedes (Math. Comp. Vol. 19: pp. 671 – 674) (with H.C. Williams and R.A. German) www.jstor.org/stable/2003954
- 1962: 4945 (Amer. Math. Monthly Vol. 69: p. 239) (with N.R. Riesenberg) www.jstor.org/stable/2311070
- 2009: An Introduction to Mathematical Analysis for Economic Theory and Econometrics (with Dean Corbae and Maxwell B. Stinchcombe)
Monte James Zerger
- 1993: The 'Number of Mathematics' (Journal of Recreational Mathematics Vol. 25, no. 4: pp. 247 – 251)
- 1994: The Alphabet and the Golden Ratio (Word Ways Vol. 27, no. 3)
- 2015: On Diophantine triples and quadruples (Notes on Number Theory and Discrete Mathematics Vol. 21, no. 4: pp. 6 – 16) (with G. Grossman)
Igor Edmundovich Zverovich