English scientist who contributed to the study of electromagnetism and electrochemistry.
His main discoveries include the principles underlying electromagnetic induction, diamagnetism and electrolysis.
- Born: 22 September 1791 in Newington Butts, England
- Died: 25 August 1867 in Hampton Court, Middlesex, England
Theorems, Definitions and Inventions
- Faraday's Law of Induction
- Faraday Effect
- Faraday Cage
- Faraday Constant
- Faraday Cup
- Faraday's Laws of Electrolysis
- Faraday Paradox
- Faraday Rotator
- Faraday-Efficiency Effect
- Faraday Wave
- Faraday Wheel
Results named for Michael Faraday can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Michael Faraday can be found here.
- 1827: Chemical Manipulation, Being Instructions to Students in Chemistry