Jump to navigation Jump to search
Russian, later American
- Born: 24 April 1899, Kobrin, Belarus, Russian Empire
- Died: 4 July 1986, Brookline, Massachusetts, USA
Theorems and Definitions
- Zariski Ring
- Zariski Space
- Zariski Surface
- Zariski Tangent Space
- Zariski Topology (that name also used for the finite complement topology)
- Zariski-Riemann Surface (with Bernhard Riemann)
Results named for Oscar Zariski can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Oscar Zariski can be found here.
- 1935: Algebraic Surfaces
- 1958: Introduction to the problem of minimal models in the theory of algebraic surfaces
- 1958: Commutative Algebra Vol. I (with Pierre Samuel)
- 1960: Commutative Algebra Vol. II (with Pierre Samuel)
Also known as
Originally Oscher (or Ascher) Zaritsky.