Jump to navigation Jump to search
Austrian mathematician who made great advances in group theory before dying unfortunately young of sepsis.
- Born: 3 March 1901, Vienna, Austria
- Died: 2 June 1929, Hamburg, Germany
Theorems and Definitions
- Nielsen-Schreier Theorem (with Jakob Nielsen)
- Artin-Schreier Theorem (with Emil Artin)
- Artin-Schreier Theory (with Emil Artin)
- Artin-Schreier Polynomial (with Emil Artin)
- Artin-Schreier Extension (with Emil Artin)
- Schreier's Subgroup Lemma
- Schreier-Sims Algorithm (with Charles Coffin Sims)
- Schreier Coset Graph
- Schreier Conjecture
- Schreier Domain
- Schreier-Zassenhaus Theorem (with Hans Zassenhaus) (also known as the Schreier Refinement Theorem)
Results named for Otto Schreier can be found here.
Definitions of concepts named for Otto Schreier can be found here.
- 1923: Über die Erweiterung von Gruppen (On the extension of groups)
- 1926: Die Untergruppen der freien Gruppe (The subgroups of free groups)