Mathematician:Patrick Alfred Pierce Moran
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Australian statistician who established some significant results in probability.
The Moran medal was named in his honour.
- Born: July 14, 1917, King's Cross, Sydney, Australia
- Died: September 19, 1988, Canberra, Australia
Theorems and Definitions
- 1950: Notes on Continuous Stochastic Phenomena
- 1959: The Theory of Storage (translated into Russian, 1963; Czech, 1967)
- 1962: The Statistical Processes of Evolutionary Theory
- 1963: Geometrical probability (with M.G. Kendall)
- 1967: An Introduction to Probability Theory (with M.G. Kendall)
Also known as
Usually known to those who knew him as Pat Moran.