Mathematician:Paul Joseph Cohen
(Redirected from Mathematician:Paul J. Cohen)
Best known for his work on the Continuum Hypothesis.
- Born: 2 April 1934 in Long Branch, New Jersey, USA
- Died: 23 March 2007 in Palo Alto, California, USA
Theorems and Definitions
- 1959: Factorization in Group Algebras
- 1960: On a conjecture of Littlewood and Idempotent Measures (Amer. J. Math. Vol. 82: 191 – 212)
- 4 July 1963: Independence results in set theory
- 1963: The Independence of the Continuum Hypothesis
- 1964: The Independence of the Continuum Hypothesis II
- 1966: Set Theory and the Continuum Hypothesis
- 2008: Set Theory and the Continuum Hypothesis, republished ed.