Mathematician:Robert Henry Sorgenfrey
Jump to navigation Jump to search
American mathematician who made significant contributions to the field of topology.
- Born: 1915
- 1933: Entered UCLA as a freshman
- 1937: Received undergraduate degree in mathematics and physics
- 1942: Completed graduate studies at University of Texas
- 1942: Returned to UCLA as an instructor
- 1963: Received UCLA Distinguished Teaching Award
- Died: January 6, 1995
Theorems and Inventions
Definitions of concepts named for Robert Henry Sorgenfrey can be found here.
Books and Papers
- 1947: On the Topological Product of Paracompact Spaces (Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. Vol. 53: 631 – 632)